- About project
- Results and Awards
- Affiliate Programs
- International services
Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs, Ukraine
Championship participant: the National Research Analytics Championship - "Ukraine";
the Open European-Asian Research Analytics Championship;
Law enforcement officers in their professional activities governed by different regulatory acts. This paper analyzed the regulations on the activities of the police. Are compared regulations of police officers with the results of the study. Considers contradictions and compliance with regulatory and identified characteristics of attitudes, emotions and behavior of police officers juvenile offenders. Made some conclusions and recommendations.
Keywords: activity policemen, regulations, attitudes, emotions and feelings, behavior, juvenile delinquents, contradictions compliance.
Formulation of the problem.Under current conditions, the state and society confronts the problem of police officers contribute to the creation of appropriate conditions for each child for the full and harmonious development of the individual, to ensure the correctness and effectiveness of legal decisions on juveniles who got into trouble with the law, to promote the rehabilitation and further social support. Therefore, the main social purpose of law enforcement agencies, the priority of their multi-functional activities is the prevention of delinquency among adolescents.
This will help to find approaches to the offender, will solve a number of specific problems, which will contribute to better organization of search operations to detect, deter and detect offenses committed by minors. As well as focus on the educational impact on the juvenile offender, preventing the commission of further offenses, promoting social adaptation and reintegration of offenders in the community.
Analysis of recent research and publications.Installation problems involved in studying the following scientists D.N.Uznadze, S.L.Rubinstein, F.V.Bassin, A.S.Prangishvili, A.E.Sheroziya, D.N.Bagdzhyunene. The scientists Allport, L.Terstouna, V.Tomasa and F.Znanetskogo, V.Yadova were devoted to the study of attitude. The study of social and psychological settings in professional activities engaged E.S.Chugunova, G.A.Goroshidze, D.A.Charkviani, E.A.Skriptunova, G.O.Matina and others.
Significant contribution to the study of the personality of a juvenile offender, his illegal behavior and psychological mechanisms implemented I.P.Bashkatova, S.P.Bocharova, G.G.Bochkareva, S.L.Danovskaya, I.V.Zhdanova, E.V.Zemlyanskaya, N.P.Kreydun, N.Y.Maximov, I.A.Yarmish. Prevention of juvenile delinquency are devoted A.Emets, V.Eremenko, G.Kashkarev, N.Kvitkovsky, I.Kozubovsky, G.Minkovsky, S.Nemchenko, E.Petukhov, A.Pilipenko.
Study of individual law enforcement officials, their professional activities are devoted G.V.Akopov, A.P.Moskalenko, D.A.Kobzin, S.P.Bocharova, G.G.Bochkareva, D.A.Grigorev, A.A..Derkach, N.V.Kuzmin, A.K.Markova, N.N.Nechaev, A.P.Sitnikov, E.A.Klimov and others. M.V.Pryahina continued research on the socio-psychological attitudes in professional activities, drawing attention to the motivational component of the attitudes of law enforcement officers.
Formation of the purposes of the article.Identify contradictions and regulatory compliance and identified characteristics of attitude, emotions and behavior of police officers juvenile offenders.
Basic material research.Ukrainian police activities based on the principles of legality, humanism and respect for the individual, social justice, cooperation with labor groups, community organizations and the public.  The legal basis of the police are: Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Police" and other legislative acts of Ukraine, resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, decrees of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, regulations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, international law, ratified in due course.  Commitment and the Rules of Conduct and Professional Ethics of Internal Affairs of Ukraine is an important factor in quality performance of police operational and service tasks, a prerequisite for public trust and support of the police. 
Based on the regulations on the activities of Internal Affairs of Ukraine consider them in comparison with the results of our investigation. It was conducted among various law enforcement departments (criminal police for Children, investigation and local police inspectors) with different length of service (from 0 to 3 years 4 to 10 years and 10 years). Thus, we determine whether observed performance of policemen assigned oath laws and professional and ethical challenges in their careers, namely in working with juvenile offenders.
According to Article 5 of the Law of Ukraine "On Police" law enforcement officers perform their duties impartially, in strict accordance with the law. No exceptional circumstances or instructions of officials can not be a basis for any illegal actions or inaction of the police. To ensure public order police officers must take action regardless of its submission. 
Police respects the dignity and humanity finds itattitude, protects the rights of all persons, regardless of their socialorigin, property or other status, race, ethnicity, nationality, age, language and education, religion, sex, political or other opinion. In dealings with police officers must identify high culture and tact. 
According to the Decree №155 MVSU service activities of police officers carried out according to the following moral principles:
humanism; law, employee recognition rule of law and to enforce it in official activities; objectivity, resulting in impartiality in making official decisions; justice, which means compliance penalties nature and severity of the offense or offenses; teamwork and camaraderie that are in a relationship based on friendly relations, mutual assistance and support; loyalty; neutrality; tolerance, which is respectable, tempered attitude to people on the basis of socio-historical, religious, and ethnic traditions and customs. 
We have carried out a study which revealed integral personality factors that determine the nature and characteristics of meaningful socio-psychological attitudes of law enforcement officers on the identity of the juvenile offender (highlighted by the most prominent factors and consider the interpretation that deviates from the norm laid down in legal acts):
1. Factor "empathy and caring". Characteristic of employees is to provide advice, brings calm, relief, settling action, resistance to stressful situations, minimizing all conflict situations, avoid disputes, the adoption of objective decisions. For them, the inherent strength of character and intelligence that helps to identify the target. Strength of mind, helps to achieve the goal, despite the obstacles. This is manifested in their liberality, kindness, enthusiasm. Has to communicate, providing attention, readiness to help soften hard, unpleasant experiences incurred by the juvenile offender in case of failure or reckless misconduct. Assume the burden of the decision and sanctions for failure is not only an action is carried out by the "responsible entity", but also when it formally or informally responsible for monitoring manifestations of the activity and its consequences. Law enforcers have expressed appreciation for the work done successfully or solve any problem, recognize the advantages and benefits of other people, their authority. They are characterized by a focus of activities in achieving the goal and the intensity of its manifestations. Nevertheless, the militiamen present desire to be free from the problems of working with juvenile offenders, there is poorly educated insolent behavior, usually with a claim to knowledge though sometimes this knowledge is lacking. Typically, law enforcement primarily pursues its own interests.
2. Factor "transformation of relations". Determined by the setting, the orientation of the nature of law enforcement officers, specifying their relation to the world in general, as well as a manifestation of a sense of caring, responsibility, understanding of juvenile offenders, the willingness and ability of policemen to the active interest in the life and development of the attachment. Experience makes law enforcement officers susceptible to misdemeanors and casualties of juvenile offenders. Makes enforcement officers to come to the rescue, otherwise they feel responsible. Employees easily establish contacts, agreeable, they are easy to deal with, establish rapport, they can be easily adapted in a team and cooperate with him. They present understanding of the problems of juvenile offenders, not condemning them for misconduct, trust. Law enforcers reliable, committed in cases confirm themselves worthy of the profession in which the police show their professionalism. By their actions and deeds confirm their dignity and integrity. However, the specific attitude manifested police to juvenile offenders, there are evil, insidious intentions, jealousy, conflict, hypocrisy in deeds and actions, not discipline in business and reasoning, uncertainty in action dependent on the opinions of others, a tendency to break the rules and discipline. The typical mutual dislike and hatred of law enforcement officers to juvenile offenders, aggressive attitude toward the behavior of adolescents, liberty, conflict in interpersonal relationships.
3. Factor "social support". There are characterized by affection, friendly attitude to juvenile offenders, assistance in solving complex problems or situations in which they were, peculiar empathy and understanding, sympathetic attitude. In law enforcement determined responsive, sympathetic attitude towards turmoil, feelings of juvenile offenders, compassion for the situation, understand their feelings, interests, opinions, unpleasant sensations. Manifestations of their concerns could result in minor willingness to help in difficult times of life. For this factor characteristic equanimity, calmness in dealing with complex issues, rationality, care of conflicts law enforcement, compliance with its orders and regulations. They tend to the satisfaction of the results of their professional activity, emotional balance, no worries, doubts, worries. The ability to wait and adapt to circumstances - is a form of balance, the ability to make rational use of their time, to bring the matter to the end, the ability of long and hard to do their job, do their professional duties. Presence of mind, endurance, calm, phlegmatic, composure, impartiality, moderation, balance, self-control, consistency, calmness policeman. On the other hand shows the indifferent attitude of employees in the police department of juvenile offenders, the reluctance to instill in them socially recognized and approved moral norms and rules, social values, personality traits and behavior patterns in the formation received in society.
4. The factor of "social influence and control". For this factor characteristic diligence, care, attention on the part of employees in the police department of juvenile offenders, the tendency to take care of the increased responsibility on the part of adolescents, as well as by the police in their professional activities. The possibility of assistance to successfully adapt to different social roles and circumstances, by interacting with different people and situations. Law enforcers tend to act professionally in the situation of the trial of offenses committed by juveniles. They use their knowledge and skills, which serve as a support for them, inspire, cheer indicate responsibilities, correct errors committed by others, justify the desire to improve the working conditions of its effectiveness, maintenance and preventive work with juvenile offenders. The scale of this factor is determined enforcement officers as employees who work and interpersonal put certain limits, boundaries, establish certain conditions, not only for others but for themselves, emotionally restrained. This factor can be traced desire of employees to separate juvenile offenders from society, to deprive them of the possible social groups to which they belong, the desire to isolate juvenile offenders for wrongdoing. Worker their views or professional activities tries to call a sense of fear, fright young offenders for offenses committed by them and their consequences. 
Police officers under Decree №155 MVSU must constantly monitor their behavior, feelings and emotions, not allowing personal likes or dislikes, hostility, mood or unkind friendly feelings to influence official decisions, to be able to foresee the consequences of their actions and activities. These characteristics, in turn, cause conflict with legal acts concerning the internal affairs of Ukraine. Consider also the characteristics that match.
Article 10 of the Law of Ukraine "On Police" indicate that the work of policemen diligently perform their duties and willing to "bring up" (1.9), to teach the rules of conduct juveniles systematically influence cultural development, worldview, moral principles of juvenile offenders. Law enforcement officials are trying to "adapt" (1.7), to help young offenders adapt to new conditions of existence. 
The police, developing and conducting training plan, carry out preventive measures to prevent public importance juvenile delinquency, "organize" (1.4), regulate, establish a relationship with them, etc. The police also pay special attention to "study" (1.1) personality traits of juvenile offenders. 
In their work, they insist that juveniles in need "organization" (1.8) of their life, "fix" (1,6) errors committed by them, "study" (1.5) personality traits of juveniles. The police seek help "adapt" (1.4) juvenile offenders to changes in society, the needs and opportunities of the teenager. The attention of police pay and the "education" (1.2). 
Conclusions and recommendations.In the first phase of our research we had the task to reveal the contradictions and compliance in relation to police officers for juvenile offenders, emotions and feelings to them, and the desire to act against them in some way with the characteristics listed in legal akah governing activities by the police.
In this paper, we completed the task set before us. The findings of this study need to provide recommendations to address the shortcomings of law enforcement and correction of activities: training, psychological training and the training of psychological measures policemen juvenile offenders. But before, we consider it necessary a more detailed study of this scope.
In this study continued recommend detect data conflicts and compliance with regard to the direction of police officers (units), length of their professional activity relative to different categories of juvenile offenders.
1.Закон України «Про міліцію».
2. Наказ МВСУ №155 від 22.02.2012р. «Про затвердженняПравил поведінки та професійної етики осіб рядового та начальницького складу органів внутрішніх справ України»
3. Konoplytska O.V. Semanticstructureofthepsychologicalcharacteristicsofpoliceofficersforjuvenileoffenders\\LXXIМеждународная научно-практическая конференция "Развитие современной психологии в условиях перманентных социальных кризисов". - Лондон, International Academy of Science and Higher Education, 2013.
4. Коноплицкая О.В. Представления сотрудников ОВД относительно факторов протиправного поведения несовершеннолетних и различия их психологических качеств\\XLVII Международная научно-практическая конференция "Человек в условиях интенсификации межличностных взаимоотношений». - Лондон, International Academy of Science and Higher Education, 2013. - С. 48-57.
5. Konoplytska O.V. Featuresrelationshipspenitietiarystaffandjuvenilesunderjuvenilecorrectionalfacilities//LXXVМеждународная научно-практическая конференция «Проблемы соотношения межличностных взаимодействий и образовательных технологий в общественных отношениях». - Лондон, InternationalAcademyofScienceandHigherEducation, 2014. - С. 93-96.