- About project
- Results and Awards
- Affiliate Programs
- International services
Technical and Agricultural College of Soroca, Moldova
Championship participant: the National Research Analytics Championship - "Moldova";
the Open European-Asian Research Analytics Championship;
This theme is dedicated to planning career for graduates in Agricultural Colleges. The author has also discussed about the transferable credits by implementing ECVET, the technical framework for the transfer, recognition and accumulation of learning results of the persons when they are getting a qualification. It has been defined the basic aims, the purposes of the implementation, the problems of the implementation and ways of their settlement.
Keywords: career, counselling activity, vocational guidance(orientation), self-knowledge, labor market, qualifications, skills required in the labor market, the system ECVET, transferable credits.
Not everyone can be someone. We can't become all astronauts or secret agents. But surely there is a profession for which we're fit and we can practice it better than anyone else. All we need is to find a perfect profession for each of us . The guidance programs have the role to facilitate this search and dispel false illusions, which make us choose a profession for which we are not good at, but we want to choose it for someone’s sake or because of false benefits that we imagine.
The agricultural work may be curse or blessing depending on the choice which we do thinking about our career. There is an opportunity to reduce the risk of a wrong career choice by participation at the counseling programs and vocational guidance for the agricultural professions.
Results and discussion
Counselling and guidance activity in career are aimed for personal development and equipping the students with knowledge and required skills for effective management of their own careers. This fact shall be imposed in accordance with the conditions of flexible labor markets and for the most part unpredictable, which is continuous changing both the external appearance (weight of various occupations in the labor market and the changing relation between them), as well as the internal appearance(changes in the imposed requirements by various professions).
A study done in the United States, has carried out a comparison of schools which have implemented programs of guidance to those who have not implemented these programs, noted that in the first type of schools:
- students get better results;
- the school atmosphere is better;
- the school make available to students more information about the career.
The programs of vocational guidance has implications not only for individual persons, but also at the social level by reducing the rate of unemployment. A series of studies shows that 1 % from the rate of unemployment automatically lead to an increase:
- by 6.7 % of the rate of murders;
- by 3.4 % of the rate of violence;
- by 2.4% of the rate of offender acts ;
- by 5.6 % of the rate of deaths determined by heart attacks;
- by 3.1 % of the rate of deaths caused by stress and a substantial fall of productivity.
A part of the agricultural work is highly qualified, but there is not request for all the professions in the labor market. The agrarian Education still has a narrow character while the labor market is looking for competence workers, which firstly will show their abilities and practical skills (they are looking for people who can do more operations not only those who knows how to do it). Another important feature of the agrarian context is the persistence of the old conception of the workplace itself. This is very difficult to be replaced with that of active participation and permanent concern for obtaining and maintaining a job.
The Counselor in the Agricultural Career is the person who :
- helps at the exploration interests and skills, and in making decisions regarding the self-education, decisions that will affect your future career life;
- offers advices, coordination and provides information about the labor market;
- helps to find answers to specific questions regarding the career;
- abides by the ethics code and the principle of confidentiality.
An educational career program includes several components aimed at developing young people’s own career management. The essential components of a planning career program are:
1.Self-knowledge ( personality and attitudes, skills and achievements, knowledge and style of learning, values, interests, entrepreneurship).
2. Research choosing a profession ( search for information, documentary interview, practice and voluntary, practical experience , professional sense).
3. Decision-making (objectives of the career, personal objectives, community’s services, lifelong learning).
4. Contacts for employment (searching for workplace, CVs and letters of intent, interviews).
5. Labor market (vacancies and their acceptance, success in the work).
6. The career ( re-evaluation).
The implementation of this educational program in Agricultural Colleges in the last 5 years gives a stability. This stability is observed in the number of graduates from the Agricultural Colleges of the country 3579 in 2009/2010 and 3447 in 2013/2014.
The number of students from Agricultural Colleges in Moldavia in the last 5 years.
The location in the labor market in the last 5 years does not differ essentially 37,42 % in 2010 and 40,15 % in 2013. In this study are not found those who continue their studies at university or who does military service. There are analyzed only those who have undertaken on employment, in accordance with qualifications obtained in the College.
Engagement to the labor market 2009-2013 (in percentage terms) of Agricultural Colleges graduates
It would be ideal that the activities of advice for the career to begin in high school and lyceum, in order not to make a wrong choice. If the person has already graduated from a college and finds that the choice is not the right, immediately after the end of the faculty or after 1-2 years of professional experience, the re-orientation shall be carried out considering two features: the profile of their own personality and the first university education. The most appropriate direction in this case is an intermediate or complementary domain, not take everything from the beginning.
It's much more efficient to help someone take a good decision at the beginning than to try then to repair the consequences of wrong decisions.
Counseling is a consequence of modernization of the agrarian education in the Republic of Moldova.
Now in the Agricultural Colleges from the country is implemented ECVET - a technical framework for the transfer, the recognition and the accumulation of person’s learning results obtaining a qualification.
The purposes of the implementation consists of:
· The assurance of the national specialized secondary education in the European frame and its integration in the European vocational/technical education;
· The recognition and equivalence (conversion)of the specialized secondary education diplomas, which comply with international standards;
· Increasing the demand of the specialized secondary education on the labor market at the national and international level;
· Training skills required on the labor market;
· The increase of premises for the academic mobility of students;
· The increase of the auto training level and insurance of continuing training;
· The assurance of the quality of the training.
The basic aims of the EGVET implementation are:
· Excerpt the programs of studies and the proposed contents in the specialized secondary education in the national and European frame;
· Create conditions for optimize apart the learning process;
· The assurance of personal motivation growth in the learning process, as well as the role and the effectiveness of individual study;
· The assurance of comparability of the quantitative and qualitative results of the students’ knowledge through individual rating.
The problems identified in implementing ECVET system are the following:
· Discrepancy of the curricula and the programs of studies from the same specialty in national and international frame in the ECVET.
· Lack of conventions of partnership in the field ECVET between institutions regarding the transfer of credits.
· Insufficient training in the field ECVET of the teachers and the administration.
· Lack of motivation of the representatives of the business environment and the sectorial domain.
· Individual work organization guided by a teacher.
· Insufficient parents and students’ informing of the ECVET system.
· Lack of information databases centralized in the college.
· Lack of catalogues, regimental rolls and individual slip of the ECVET system.
· Lack of abilities of individual study for the first year students of the ECVET system.
· Dividing the Physics, Informatics, Chemistry and Biology lessons in theoretical and practical.
Ways of solving the identified problems in our vision are:
· Organization of methodological seminars in the field of the ECVET system with the involvement of the specialists from the Scientific Institute of Education.
· Conclusion of conventions of partnership between colleges in the country and abroad.
· Training teachers in the methodological seminars and teachers’ meetings for the purpose of conducting efficient individually work guided by teachers.
· Timetable elaboration for conducting the individual work guided by teachers’ by the head of the department.
· Organization of meetings with parents and students to become familiar with the ECVET system.
· Creating informational data centralized in colleges with the MAIA support.
· Harmonization of the programs of study and implementation of curricula from the same specialty within ECVET.
Measuring learning activity through credits allows to:
· Flexible conceivement of the study plans and programs by diversification range of options of the learner;
· Learner's mobility by recognition of periods of study carried out in other educational institutions;
· Recognition of diplomas at the international level;
· Estimating the student’s effort during studying the unit of the course indicating the individual rating.
1. Rezultatele activităţii instituţiilor de învăţămînt din subordine şi realizarea Foii de parcurs privind acţiunile Guvernului în vederea dezvoltării învăţămîntului vocaţional/tehnic pentru perioada 2013-2014, CONFERINŢA ANUALĂ A CADRELOR DIDACTICE,Ungheni 2014.
2. Nesterenco C. Leadership and psychological analysis of the educational process in the institution. In: Review of Management and Economic Engineering ( Association of Managers and Engineers Magazine economists Romania ), 2011 volume 10 / no. 3 (41 ) , p.45 - 51 AC 0.5 ISSN 1583 - 624X.
3. Nesterenco C. Using the theory of active learning in preparation for future managers of agricultural production. În: Economics of Education, № 6, 2011, p. 12-15, 0.4 sa ISSN 1609-4654.