- About project
- Results and Awards
- Affiliate Programs
- International services
Technical and Agricultural College of Soroca, Moldova
Championship participant: the National Research Analytics Championship - "Moldova";
The material exposed in this work contains reflections on the professional competence of the manager. The concrete ways of the College is to have a good specialist and for this the managers must qualify their grades.
Keywords: manager, psycho pedagogical compartment, educational system, scientific investigation, specialist, educational process, scientific reports.
The change from the agronomical education offers a wide expedition among the democratization process of the agricultural educational management.
The national model of leadership, during the transition process, at the system lever and agricultural institution, aims to two stages: preparation and achievement.
The most favorable decentralizations, checked and oriented to quality contribute to autonomy, participation, initiative, motivation, efficient communication to the creation of an evident climate and favorable one for changes, because “democracy means the community´s possibility to decide the private fate”, through the direct agreements between the community´s members and the essential institutional representation among the big communities, obliged objectively” to nominate representatives to decide its name” [1,p.224]. The decentralization implies the professional managerial preparation of the teaching staff, firstly, of the managers of Colleges, in order to take over and to practice in the best may the new responsibilities. It the political level, economical, and administrative one, the decentralization process of the agricultural educational structures must synchronize with the similar processes, and the tendency to approach the power to the local community must be used in the institution´s interest.
Results and Discussions
At the republican level and concerning the globalization phenomenon, the implementation of a new social and economic system, as the permanent perspective of the education cannot maintain the centralized and unique system simultaneously with the suggestion of the flexibility, individualization and self-instruction.
The democratization of the management in education needs the turning to the best of the standards of the democracy.
Concerning the agricultural education, the professional training of the managers of the teaching staff being at the level of leadership of different levels, could ensure the passing from the administrative methodology to that managerial one, represents an essential premise of the democratic managerial implementation.
According to our faint of view, the professional competence of the manager is represented by:
- the cognition competence;
- the communicative competence;
- the investigation competence;
- the functional competence.
The cognition competence is structured in three components:
- the component of specialty that represents an ensemble of knowledge, skills and abilities specific for the agricultural domain;
- the psycho pedagogical component that is represented by an ensemble of knowledge, skills and abilities specific for the agricultural domain;
- the psycho pedagogical component that is represented by an ensemble of knowledge, skills and abilities specific for the psycho pedagogical domain;
- the cultural component that represents an ensemble of knowledge, skills and abilities for the different domains of knowledge.
The communicative competence represents the art of creating messages taking into consideration the peculiarities of the psycho pedagogical domain. Within the managerial activity the communication represents both an art and a needed professional device and essential for the establishment of the constructive relationships with the pupils, parents, the teaching staff and the employees.
The investigation competence gives the manager the opportunity to turn to good the scientific investigations concerning the regulation and self regulation of the educational process, in general, as special, to realize different investigations with the aim to make more efficient the agricultural educational process.
The subjective necessity to transform the learning from college into an educational system based on the student that could ensure the unfolding of the formative process at the personality lever, to start from pointing out of the pupil´s potential of learning relying on individual and common diagnosis of it, to maintain the development level of creativity, using techniques and technologies according to a new modern conception about the world, education – it orientates the lectures to the preparation of the specialists to a high professional level and with a high art and professional mind.
An important necessity is that the lectures that work at college must encourage the creative abilities of pupils. Considering them decisive, teachers, working tenaciously, with inspiration, use physical forces and spiritual ones in order to make the imagination and the creativity to become reality. In such a scientific activity and creative one both teachers and pupils develop their mental qualities, moral and ethical ones – thus the entire content of the personality. In the first picture is represented the rule of “the golden triangle”.
The 1st fig. The rule of “the golden triangle”
The source; Adapted by the author.
One of the concrete ways of the colleges to get involved in the improving of the professional training of the future specialists is the management of the scientific investigations of the pupils. Through the investigation activity the teaching staff attracts numerous skilful pupils and teachers, offering the possibility of changing the ideas, of analyzing different theoretical ideas, projecting different tools representing, in fact, a workshop of evaluation, ending and theoretical approving of some hypothesis, possible solutions, probable for the instructive problems forms the college.
The forms of activity are represented in the second figure.
The 2nd fig. Forms of scientific activity within the department
The source: Adapted by the author
The college´s graduates, having a general preparation, usually, face difficulties during the concrete activity and do not possess the professional mobility, few of them are got acquainted with the technical – scientific creation. In order to improve this situation, the teaching staff of the college centered on the management of the experimental work and scientific investigations.
Afterwards, we will focus on the experimental activity and investigational one the result of the managerial team´s activity.
An important objective in the educational process is the education of a well-developed specialist. His training depends on the education he gets, on the experience he gets. The greater the number of pupils implied in spheres of different interest, sport activities, art activities, analyze, informative activities, the better it will be realized the set goal.
Speaking about, the planning of the departments meetings, we must say that the experimental activity and that of scientific investigations is very important.
It is very important to mention about the experimental activity and the scientific investigation done within the departments in the last years. In the following diagrams the number of the elaborated reports differs from those presented at the local conference at College because some of them must be improved.
The 3rd fig. The number of the scientific reports reported at the departments of Agricultural Technological College from Soroca in 2007 (it were elaborated – 18 reports, reported – 6)
The source: Adapted by the author.
The 4th fig. The number of the scientific reports reported at the department of Agricultural Technological College from Soroca in 2008 (it were elaborated – 12 reports, reported – 6)
The source: Adapted by the author.
The 5th fig. The number of the scientific reports reported at the department of Agricultural Technological College from Soroca in 2010 (it were elaborated – 19 reports, reported – 6)
The source: Adapted by the author.
The 6th fig. The number of the scientific reports reported at the department of Agricultural Technological College from Soroca in 2011 (it were elaborated – 26 reports, reported – 12)
The source: Adapted by the author.
According the presented diagrams, it can be said the following; 3 departments from the College yearly implies pupils in the scientific conference the proper reports. On 16 March in 2012, for the first time in the Agricultural Technological College from Soroca, at the initiative of the managerial team, it was organized the Republican Scientific Conference of the pupils from all the agricultural colleges with the title: “Experimenting-we study, learn and discover”.
The main stages in the experimental activity´s management and scientific investigation in all the college´s departments are the following:
- The consciousness of the opportunities, concerning, the preparation of the future specialists.
- The realization of this stage has as support both the contemporary conception of the Education Lau, as the Lau concerning the reorganization of the educational institutions from Republic of Moldova;
- The setting of the goals When, setting the goals for all the departments of the College it were established actions to be realized and concrete terms to perform these goals. The premises evaluation; Establishing the medium within which it will be realized all the plans;
- The alternatives´ comparison with the set aims and the choosing of a new alternative.
For the creation of the efficient system of plannification in our college are followed the, demands:
- Plannification is done vertically and starts from the top.
This demand is observed in the following schedule.
The 7th fig. The Planning and the leading of the experimental activity and investigation one from Agricultural Technological College from Soroca.
The source: Adapted by the author
- The goals, the premises, the strategies the policies are clearly presented.
This demand is followed at all administrative levels, and the managers of all departments do their best not to have dim nesses when achieving it, that could trouble the realization of set goals;
- The planning in College supposes the consciousness and the accepting of the changes. Before approving the plans of activity for each managerial level it takes place the awareness by each member of the set tasks. The set plans, are as a guideline, but by virtue of some circumstances in the plan could arise some changes. They usually deal with the organization of some activities both within the district, as within the republic, where it is discussed scientific and technical problems.
At present, in the College on the first place is the problem of planning and realization of the research activity. The staff will do the best to continue these traditions.
In order to make a comparative analysis it is necessary to operate with some indexes, their establishment needs to apply the proposed formula by the author:
The second formula was inferred from the using of the main indexes, that characterizes the scientific activity and experimental one, realized in the college, where:
I – the qualitative indexes that express the scientific and experimental activity;
npe - the number of works and planned elaborations for an academic year;
mmp – the maximum possible mark for this criterion, at the Yearly evaluation, mmp=10;
nt – the number of teachers from the college;
ame – the average mark at the yearly evaluation of the teachers for this criterion;
nsu – the number of the scientific and experimental works elaborated in the College.
We admit that during a year a teacher can work qualitatively with can work qualitatively with a scientific work, if it will not be taken into consideration other methodical elaborations.
At the initial level, the formula for the indexes' establishment I it will be the following;
After some changes, the formula (1) transforms into formula (2).
The first table. The indexes that characterize the scientific activity from the Agricultural Technological College from Soroca in 2007-2011.
The 8th fig. The evaluation of the scientific and experimental activity from Agricultural College from Soroca.
The source: Adapted by the author.
From the presented diagram it is seen that in the educational management's work and especially through the incorporation and the realization of the scientific and experimental question, in all departments' activity, had increased the qualitative proper indexes. In 2007-2008 the scientific and experimental question could be determined only in the plans of activity of creative technical clubs and partly in the plans of activity of some departments and in the self instruction plans of some teachers (entirely 5 limes), in the following years it is observed an increase of the approaching of the scientific and experimental problems in all departments' plans. In 2011-2012, in the first part of the academic year, the scientific question was approached 5 times, that represents a rejoicing thing, because in the College we work at the scientific work in the second part of the academic year, when takes place the scientific conference and the scientific and experimental activity's report of the teachers. After a half of a year it is observed an increase of the qualitative indexes I that surpass more the indexes of the previous years.
We can mention that the College's administration pays attention on the management of the experimental and scientific activity, and the experience we got the last years can be shared with the colleges from other educational institutions. In 2000, the author became the Laureate of the Republican Contest of the methodical works with the publication: C. Nesterenco, “From the organization's experience of the experimental activity and scientific research from the Agricultural Technological College from Soroca, AMFI, ATCS, Soroca, 2000, 24 p. The applied formulas in the present work and the formulated conclusions were expounded in the previous mentioned work.
The functional competence. This competence represents the ensemble of knowledge that possesses the manager concerning the functioning of his personal cognition, but also the control processes that leads the cognitive activities while accomplishing them.
The professional managerial preparation of the managers, as part of the Agricultural Ministry and Food Industry, must change their behavior concerning the new relations and directions. Thus, the managers' styles of administration, their decisions, that are aimed at the encouragement of promoting the values in practical way, will become the representation of the managerial's changes in the domain, represented by the high cultural level, by the pupils' successes, teachers and graduates' successes.
Within, the managerial process, the participation it is important by its pragmatic value in obtaining the practical success of the management. The objectives of the agricultural institution can be achieved through participation, inclusively in the control and decisive act .
Therefore, the participation becomes an essential condition in the process of democratization of the agricultural education, in general, and of the management particularly.
This article pay, attention on the contemporary views and considerations concerning the educational management. We mention that the aspects of the analyzed problems and of the analyzed model come to some main ideas concerning the conditions and the intervention's process in the managerial system.
1. Adeep understanding of the potential and weight that the administration, at the system's level and agricultural educational institution, can possess when renewing the education, a fact supported by the desire of the situation's change by the part of the managers, by the persuasion, that the agricultural educational management, applied, in a creative way and a situational one, can ensure the efficiency and the productiveness of the educational unity, the person's importance and his skills.
2. Taking into consideration that the outlooks' evolution concerning the conceiving of an organizational system thought and analyzed as a component of a change of the structure, of the values and of the representations, of the standards and the rules of interior functioning, of the professional identity and of the renewing of the identification process, that correspond to a new mission, contains 4 components:
a) relational: that supposes the interaction of the implied factors in the process of intervention, communication, cooperation of the subjects the creation of a wide and favorable climate with the aim of making efficient the managerial approach and the undertaken actions;
b) methodological: represents the act of the managerial 's intervention in order to pass from a current situation to a new one, wanted, that specifies the stages of planning, of implementation, of evaluation of the leading activity orientated to the accomplishment of the intervention 's objectives;
c) technical: the use of techniques and devices of intervention 's realization – the motivation, the communication, the involvement, the participation, taking decisions, the coherence, the formation and the examination;
d) methodical: that supposes the efficient use of all resources, the efficiency of the process of personal change, and institutional.
3. It is necessary to form managerial competences and abilities to managers of the agricultural educational institutions and to develop and to through a conceptual, curricular, technological renewing, the behavior renewing, the professional behavior, parents' involvement, community's involvement in order to offer some social and educational qualitative services.
4. The problem of implementation of a new behavior needs the revising and the reevaluation of the theory of management regard to social situation and characterizes all levels, but it takes place regard to the society.
5. The opportunity of the management's modernization of the agricultural vocational institutions from Republic of Moldova is necessary due to the point of view of the tendencies of the democratic development of the society and the European integration, that implies the need of participation at the globalization and Europeanazion processes, specific for European countries. These demand a new type management – the human resources management, that pay attention on studying and valuing of the new agricultural vocational competences, that demand a permanent evolution and self – organization.
6. The act of building of a new modern agricultural education, a flexible and a wide one, suitable to a democratic society and to the demands of the requirements of the market economy, the individual options of self achievement it is possible through the implementation of a new managerial paradigm.
1. Mugrescu C. “The development of agricultural ideas in Romania”. Bucharest: 1980, vol.2. 163 p.
2. Nesterenco C. “The management of the agricultural educational institutions: The managerial problems of the agricultural institutions” administration during the europeanizational economic period. Monograph. Chi?in?u: The editorial centre of the UASM, 2009, 244 p. 20,9. c.a. ISBN 978-9975-64-175-3.
3. Nesterenco C. “The Expectation and the ways of development of the agricultural educational system in Republic of Moldova. In: The Consolidation of the public administration in the context of elaborating the laws in Republic of Moldova. The Materials of the International Scientific Conference, 22nd of May 2007, Chi?in?u: AAP, 2007. P.245-247.